Thursday, April 22, 2010

Another day in paradise...

I always prefer to wake to a sunny morning where I can hear the birds chirping and when I open the door to let my dog out, there's a light dew on the grass, inviting new growth to all those things that bloom in the spring. I am blessed that this is what I am able to see most mornings because I live in a country where my freedom is secured for me. Where I don't worry about landmines, scuds or incoming attacks of any kind. I am also blessed that our US Military are there fighting for my freedom and it is they who stand in harms way to keep me safe.

As these brave men and women serve and sacrifice around the world I wake every morning concerned about their spouses and children who wait behind hoping and praying that they will return safe and sound. These families endure untold hardships each and every time their service member deploys. Imagine 6 mos or more each time there is a deployment. Think about what the family goes through on both sides of the ocean. The family here at home struggling with bills and lifes challenges with an integral member of their family absent. Consider the children and their life with one parent gone for large periods of their life...missing the milestones they reach each and every day in school, in sports, in their activities and just missing that extra hug before bed or the smile across the dinner table. The service member overseas worries about the family and thinks who will be there if something goes wrong...who will fix the car when it won't start? Where will the money come from if the bills get too high? Whose going to help my wife move when our lease is up and we have to move?

Operation Homefront Hampton Roads like other Operation Homefront chapters across the nation see this need for our military families and provides programs and services which can help in times of crisis. In order to do that we need support. If you know of anyone who would like to help us help those who keep us free, visit our chapter at www.operationhomefront.net/hamptonroads or call 757-806-6150. "We'll be here as long as they are over there"! Help us help!

No comments:

Post a Comment